100 hour course suitable for qualified yoga teachers as an addition to their yoga teaching qualification to enable you to effectively offer yoga for athletes with an understanding of the principles of periodised sports training for a range of athletes. Also suitable for sports coaches who wish to be knowledgeable about the effectiveness and suitability of yoga as a tool for their athletes.
Breakdown Of The Course Content
- Where yoga and sports science meet: the similarities, the differences, and the myths
- The components of fitness and periodised training and how they can be met with yoga practice
- Postural analysis and identifying the impact of daily living and movement on sports performance
- Anatomy and physiology and where yoga fits with a needs analysis for your sport
- Physical practice of yoga postures
- Overview of yoga philosophy, lifestyle, and ethics, and how they relate to sport
- Teaching methodology and teaching practice
- Directed self-study, home practice, and written case study
You may also be interested in Yoga For Athletes Courses For Practitioners.
Please contact us if you would like to book us to teach a CPD day for coaches at your location.